Home Handyman

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Love the Silence


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9419
Date:
Love the Silence


Thanks for getting the talking/screaming smileys removed - - - - my Wiff especailly appreciates it since our computers are back to back and I keep my volume cranked up pretty loud crash.gif

__________________

"Life is a Poem - - it has Rhyme and Reason" author: Me



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5596
Date:

  GOD!! ain't that the truth,, those things scared the S &% T outta me every time I touched one,, my wife even came in and asked me what the hell was That "HELLLLO" sound,,confused I avoided that spot like the plagueashamed   

  Amigo.. Senor'[notice spelling] Mello biggrin stupid question esa',, why do you call your wife " My Wiff"?  curious minds want to know,,,weirdface

__________________

Day br />http://s670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/BADRAT01/
 

https://picasaweb.google.com/106336891618669151824/ALLANGLIA1BuildPictures#



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9419
Date:

Bad Rat wrote:

  GOD!! ain't that the truth,, those things scared the S &% T outta me every time I touched one,, my wife even came in and asked me what the hell was That "HELLLLO" sound,,confused I avoided that spot like the plagueashamed   

  Amigo.. Senor'[notice spelling] Mello biggrin stupid question esa',, why do you call your wife " My Wiff"?  curious minds want to know,,,weirdface




Just a local slang that I picked up - - - I think it came from Wiffie, probably confused  Better than what she calls me biggrin J/K



__________________

"Life is a Poem - - it has Rhyme and Reason" author: Me



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 2375
Date:

ashamed.gif Oooops! hmm There's Smiley's with sound ? confuse.gif  I'm a self-admitted Smiley abuser, but didn't know there were ones with sound. giggle.gif I have a headset always plugged into mine so if I wanna hear somethin' I don't annoy anyone else in the room. I only put 'em on when I wanna hear.giggle.gif Which ones have sound? Did I get to annoy folks as far as Oregon and Texas? laughing.gif 


Oh yeah..."Wiff" is somethin' I've heard my Dad and his brothers say and have even said it myself. Just a twist on wife I always figured.

-- Edited by Come On at 16:40, 2008-11-13

__________________

Glitter Text Maker



Anything worth doing is worth overdoing !


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9419
Date:

The talking emoticons were in the headers of the Forums and when your cursor would go across them they would say "SAY SOMETHING" and then "WHAT?" and one would say "HELLO HOW ARE YOU" or something like that !  They were really annowing to say the least - - - I trained myself to bring my cursor across the bottom of the page and then up to Recent Posts to keep the little ??????s from scaring the "WIFF" biggrin

__________________

"Life is a Poem - - it has Rhyme and Reason" author: Me



Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 2150
Date:

I don't know WTF you guys are talking about.......I have been asked about these noises before, but they have never been on my laptop......and I am half deaf, so keep the sound up.......


Anyways, glad they are gone............but, I wish I had heard WTF you were talking about............LOL

__________________

http://ontariorodders.activeboard.com/



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 9419
Date:

poncho62 wrote:

I don't know WTF you guys are talking about.......I have been asked about these noises before, but they have never been on my laptop......and I am half deaf, so keep the sound up.......


Anyways, glad they are gone............but, I wish I had heard WTF you were talking about............LOL




Hmmmm, different areas may have different advertisers show in the headers - - - I don't know WTF I'm talking about OK?  Trust me, you didn't miss anything biggrin

lately I have also been getting this pop-up that jiggles and vibrates and tells me that I have won a new laptop and you can't get rid of it without leaving the Forum and coming back.  Anyone else getting this?



__________________

"Life is a Poem - - it has Rhyme and Reason" author: Me



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 2375
Date:

Jiggles? weirdfaceIs there a bikini involved? It must be related to the browser/search engine thing. I use Google. hmm

__________________

Glitter Text Maker



Anything worth doing is worth overdoing !


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5596
Date:

Come On wrote:

Jiggles? weirdfaceIs there a bikini involved? It must be related to the browser/search engine thing. I use Google. hmm



  Damn!!  You guys go to jiggles too,, I havn't been lately tho,, fraid I might get caughtcry didn't know they were up there too??      uahhh ahh erraa-- aren't you talkin bout JIGGLES the topless joint??  errah  never mind,,weirdfaceashamed

YEP gettin rid of those screaming smileys was a god send,, biggrin  and yes ya did have to do a bit of manovering to keep em quiet,, weirdface



__________________

Day br />http://s670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/BADRAT01/
 

https://picasaweb.google.com/106336891618669151824/ALLANGLIA1BuildPictures#

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard